About Plagiarism@HomePlagiarism@Home is designed to find plagiarism's in Internet.
Plagiarism at home uses distributed computers to search given text for potential plagiarism in Internet resources. Many people writing their work tend to "forget" the resources they used to create their work. This is especially important in scientific works. If anyone uses someone else's work as their own it is called plagiarism. Whenever some one else's work is used it should be noted and credit given to the author. For the people judging the work it is extremely hard to know all possible resources and text on the subject. It is nearly impossible to catch all potential plagiarism in the paper. This project aims to help them. Given the text, the project will provide a network of volunteer computers to search the Internet for similar texts or parts of the text. This will help to find potential resources that the author failed to mention in his work. It will help also the authors of the original works to get the credit they should have for their original work.
WARNING! This project applications heavy use internet connection by downloading web sites!You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.
Plagiarism@Home is maintained by Poland BOINC Foundation
- [Link to page describing your research in detail]
- [Link to page listing project personnel, and an email address]
- Read our rules and policies
- This project uses BOINC. If you're already running BOINC, select Add Project. If not, download BOINC.
- When prompted, enter
- If you're running a command-line version of BOINC, create an account first.
- If you have any problems, get help here.
- Your account - view stats, modify preferences
- Server status
- Teams - create or join a team